Compare the different options available
your money in savings and investment products – registered or not – that are also tax shelters. You benefit right down the line!
Also called “segregated fund”, a Guaranteed Investment Fund (GIF) is an investment fund created and issued exclusively by life insurance companies. It is offered through contracts that offer maturity and death benefit guarantees.The GIF may be non-registered or registered(eligible for RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, LIRA or LIF) and it allows you to diversify your investments while protecting your capital.
Advantages of Guaranteed Investment Funds (GIF):
- They offer guaranteed investments.
- They allow you to benefit from potential market growth but protect your investments if markets fall.
Daily interest accounts and Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs) are 2 types of guaranteed deposits. Compare the characteristics of both types of investments in the table below:
- Daily interest account
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- There are no management fees. Since a wide variety of terms is available, you can stagger your GICs over a number of years to benefit from any rise in interest rates.
Guaranteed and secure: a winning combination! With a term investment, from the day you make your deposit, you know the interest rate you’ll be getting and how long you’ll be investing for. A term investment is right for you if:
- You want a guaranteed interest rate for your investment
- You’re looking for an investment that’s eligible for most non-registered and registered plans.
Start with your zip code to compare car insurance
Start with your zip code to compare Home insurance
Start with your zip code to compare life insurance
Start with your zip code to compare health insurance